Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Beware!!



For this card, I decided to use this week's sketch from Card Positioning Systems (I flipped it), and I did a tall halloween card to meet the challenges on the Caardvarks blog and Cupcake Crafts blog. The very cool crow image is a digistamp from the Creepy Crows Collection at Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. I printed it twice on white card stock, colored one with chalk, and cut the other one out ( around the branches, etc) with my Cutterbee scissors-you could use a Xacto knife if you prefer. I then sprayed the top layer with an acrylic shine spray. I let it dry, then mounted it on top of the other Crow digistamp with pop dots. I tied an orange ribbon around the bottom of the Crow Stamp, then adhered it to the purple shimmer card I cut out of Wasau paper, added a black vinyl Thickers swirl, and a "Beware" sticker from a sheet of shickers from Target's Dollar Spot, and inked the edges of the card with Graphite Black ink from Brilliance ink to finish off the spooky look. Thanks for looking, now head on over to the other designers' blogs for lots more eye candy, and Lindsay's blog, 'cause I am sure she has a freebie for you today!

Ceal (Oct Guest DT)
Tamara
Leanne
Shannon
Cindi
Lisa
Katt
Kim
Melissa
Janet
Diana
Tracey

20 comments:

  1. Very cool Margie! I love the coloring technique! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree ...really cool card and thanks for the tips. It's great you can combine so many challenges!
    http://thedailymarker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute!!! Love this card. Sorry I've been MIA from the blog world for a while and slacking on comments. Drama at the Stout house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this card and all of the details! Love how you cut the branches out and layered it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margie, what a cool card. Love the crow image and the shine is gorgeous. The ribbon looks lush and the purple card is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool digi-stamp ... and I love the pop of orange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful and distinctive halloween card! i love the colors you've used and of course those digistamps are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! You did a great job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card! The coloring is great, and I love the orange ribbon at the bottom of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh oh oh - this is so cool! Love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, awesome card! great tips too, thanks. you did a super job using so many challenges..it's like multi tasking on 10
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your "Beware" sticker is perfect for this card. Great Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the blue and orange combo and you coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooo love this! The coloring is awesome and thanks for all the great tips! Great idea on the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Forgot to ask where do you buy Wasau paper?? I seen and felt some in the Scrapbook etc. magazine and I sure would love to get my hands on some!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the blue paired with the orange;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card for our halloween theme this week, such a fab image. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fabulous halloween card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic card for our halloween theme this week, such a fab image. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week big hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!