Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pretty Packages, Ribbons, and Bows...

I love to make sweet treats and gifts for my kids' teachers, and these tiny Gable Boxes svg files from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff are on sale, so I thought that they would be PERFECT to hold the Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles that I made!
I cut all of the boxes from a stack of Christmas paper from The Paper Studio, and- Lindsay has included a printable scoring guide, so you know exactly how to fold them! It makes it so much easier!
I added hand dyed shabby seam binding (yummy), and bits of flowers, mini tags, and brads, to make the boxes special.

Here is the recipe for the Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles:

1pkg (16.5oz) Nestle's Toll House Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
1 pkg (3oz) cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup (6oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp vegetable shortening
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare cookies according to package directions; however, bake 14 to 18 minutes until crisp and golden brown but not burnt. (crisp cookies will be easier to grind) Cool cookies completely on wire racks. Line baking sheets with wax paper. Crumble cookies into food processor. Process until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add softened cream cheese, process until mixture begins to hold together. Mixture will be a dark color. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls;place on prepared sheet. Put in freezer 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Microwave morsels and shortening following melting directions on morsel packaging. Dip balls completely into melted chocolate with fork or toothpick. Use side of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Return to sheet, dust truffles with cocoa powder,or top with festive sprinkles. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.

Then make some of these AWESOME boxes to put them in!
You can take advantage of the pretty packaging sale at Lindsay's Stamp Stuff!
I am entering this into the challenge at MyGraphico for Christmas!

Thank you for allowing me to share with you today-come back this weekend, I plan to share some of my December Daily album with you!
Now, head over to Lindsay and the other designers' blogs for more inspiration and a FREEBIE!

Lindsay Weirich (Owner & Stamp Designer)
Cheryl Gorka (DT Coordinator)
Cindi Hooks
Diane Bove
Jennifer Bliss
Karin Martin
Laurel Seabrook
Leanne Garner
Margie Visnick(me)
Micki Harper
Rhonda Walker
Shannon Neparko
Tamara Bennett
Tracey Allen

7 comments:

  1. These boxes are so cute and thanks for the great recipe for the yummy treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are darling! I can't find these files in my collect tho! LOL - I need to get more organizes with Lindsay's Files! She has so many wonderful things!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about this one! So cute! I love the paper choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the boxes are gorgeous and reading your recipe made my stomach growl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohh, these are so pretty!!! and Lindsay is right, that recipe sounds good.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are soooo pretty! Love them. Thank you for the recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Margie, these look awesome! Your kids have some lucky teachers! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!