Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Honeydukes Candy Shop *Inspired by Glitter Girl and October Afternoon

I used this week's sketch from October Afternoon:
Here is my layout:

Close-ups of the embellies:


(Buttons, rub-on candy machine that I inked, and a cut-out from the patterned paper)
 
 
(Stamped washi, stamped and inked candies, and Elle's Studio Tags)
 
 I was inspired to stamp on my layout by this week's Glitter Girl video! Stamps used are from TPC Studios, Inkdadinkado, and Hampton Art, using black Staz-on to stamp on the washi. I stamped the candy on a scrap of white cardstock, and inked over it with Old Paper Distress Ink. All of the papers, buttons, and rub-ons are from October Afternoon (mostly the 5&Dime collection), and tags are from Elle's Studios. The title is a cut out picture of the sign I made for my son's party, and I added Thickers to spell it out the rest of the way.

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful page! The soft colors with the black is very striking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun page. Yours is the second post I've read this afternoon about Shimelle's videos. I must get over there and check out what she's up to - so I can scrap pages as great as this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S, you really should! Her videos are fun to watch and very informative. You may feel the urge to buy everything she has, though
      ;-) You've been warned!
      P.S. I "resisted" the glitter girl craze for a while-till I watched one of the videos, and it all made sense-so I caught up on all of the videos, and now I look forward to Wednesday because of it!

      Delete
  3. Well, now I feel like I need to watch her videos, too. I follow her blog but I always skip over the videos. I guess I need to go back and watch them. I love that vintage paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!