We were challenged by Beth, Meridy, and Crystal from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog to swap lists with each other, and make a page based on at least five of the other person's favorite things to scrap with. I was excited when Lisa's name was drawn to give me a list, I love her style!
Here is the list she gave me to work with:
1. White cardstock
2. patterned paper with a gorgeous mix of soft aqua and coral colours - perfect for summer layouts - and an on trend design. Something like hot air balloons, clouds, maps or chevrons. My favourite right now is BasicGrey's What's Up.
(I used Basic Grey Paper Cottage)
(I used a pink Making Memories chipboard alpha)
4. Some pearls or bling. Loving this yellow pearl swirl from Lost and Found by My Mind's Eye
(I added pearls to some of the flower centers)
6. My go-to supply on my table is white or cream twine. I buy it at the haberdashery and love it. I use it on everything. Or kitchen string :-)
7. Stick pins - I have a collection of assorted pins to use
(I used a couple of pretty vintage stick pins that I received from a swap on 2 Peas)
8. Tape of some sort. My collection is growing!
9. Assorted die cut shapes - I have this bag from the What's Up collection but it could be die cuts in any form.
(I die cut the borders from scraps with my Cricut and SCAL)
10.A stamp or stamped image of some sort. I'm including this as it's something I have to remind myself to do more often! I have a small but growing collection of stamps but I forget to use them! :-)
(I used Basic Grey stamps for the leaf flourish and the cream colored flower, and heat embossed both for texture)
I based it on this week's sketch from Basic Grey:
All of the patterned papers are from a 6x6 Paper Cottage pad, the flowers are all handcut from the pad as well, with the exception of the cream flower.