Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Jan 20

Some pictures from my TV screen:
















Today was a great day for our country! Tears filled my eyes as I watched history unfold, and thought about the awesome burden that is being laid at our new President's feet. I am so touched by the amount of emotion that is so evident on so many faces as they witness what they thought would never happen.It is especially touching to see the older black people who had to struggle in the civil rights movement, and not be afford the same rights as others. I can't help but think that this is the day that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. hoped and prayed for. But while we have come far, I hope we do not stop here, and carry on until we all can truly walk as one people.
















I have to say, this was one of my favorite (and most touching) moments of the day. Beyonce did an incredible job singing the Etta James' song, "At Last", which was mine and Eric's song for our first dance at our wedding. The First Couple looked amazing, and again, it was so touching to watch the emotions on people's faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!