Friday, March 27, 2009

What Every Girl Needs, More Shoes And Purses!


So, I've been testing more stuff for Denise ( http://dscrapbookingroom.blogspot.com/ ), and I have to say again (it's been said before!). That girl is fabulous! How does she come up with so many ideas? And what girl isn't a sucker for a cute handbag and shoes?
The purse is cut from Tinkering Ink patterned cardstock, and I cut the black handles and flower from some black velvet paper that I have had in my stash forever. I used the same sheet of black vevet paper to cut out the overlay for the heel of the shoe and the black velvet flower for the shoe. I used black mini brads ( for a somewhat realistic touch) at the bottom of the straps of the purse. I used a deep red cardstock from American Crafts to cut the shoe(outer layer), and the small red flower for the purse. I also cut out the shoe pattern in a zebra print paper from Hobby Lobby. I spray adhesived the back of the zebra paper (as well as my hands-things get messy when I get crafty!), and stuck it to the back of the red shoe pattern. I inked the edges and wherever else I thought needed it with black ink from Martha Stewart, folded on the score lines, attached the flowers with red glitter brads from Making Memories, and voila... a purse and shoe that I wish I could buy to wear! Thanks Denise!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Margie, what amazing projects, I don't know which I love most, the shoe or the bag. Love the colours you chose too - tres chic!
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm cutting some of Denise's new files too, aren't they great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!