Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This week, I was very inspired by Lindsay's Birds And Branches Digistamp set, so I decided to join in on several challenges. The first card, I used the Cute bird Stamp, and a Happy Birthday stamp by Ink It. The scalloped circle behind the bird was cut with my Cricut and Storybook cartridge, and embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. The ivory circle was punched out, inked and stamped w/Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The butterfly is a punch by Martha Stewart. I did this card for the sketch challenge at Pagemaps blog, and butterfly for Flutterby Wednesdays, and the color combo challenge (light orange, dark brown, and ivory) at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
This is my favorite card that I made tonight. I made this card based on the sketch this week at 2Sketches4You, and follows the "O"ne Paper challenge from ABC Challenges. the digi is from the Birds And Branches Collection, and the sentiment is last weeks' freebie from Lindsay's blog. I punched it out and inked the edges with chalk ink by Martha Stewart. The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby, and the patterned paper is some ancient Hot Off The Press from my stash.
The third card was inspired by the sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday -it didn't come out exactly like the sketch, but that's what I started with. The shimmery navy cardstock frame is by Wasau Paper, cut out using an svg file from Mujka design at MyGrafico, one more fab birdhouse from the Birds and Branches collection, some sheer red ribbon, and a Birthday sentiment from Making Memories. Thanks for for looking, now head on over to Lindsay and the other designers' blogs, to see what goodies they have for you today!
Lindsay (she has some freebies for you!)
Rebekah Doak *February Guest DT
Tamara
Lisa
Shannon
Leanne
Melissa
Cindi
Erin
Tracey
Micki
Janet
Diana

14 comments:

  1. All three of your cards are just wonderful Margie! They are so beautiful. This is my newest favorite set, too.

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, all your cards are simply wonderful. My breath caught when I scrolled down to your second one. I love it. Love the blue birds :-)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the scroll work highlights the cute image of the birdhouse! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Margie! These look fantastic! My fav is the one with the blue border! it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Margie! You are MY hero!! I can barely get one done and here you have spit out THREE GORGEOUS cards!!! Love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, what a super bunch of cards!! You have been a busy girl! great job
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that robin on the top card! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them all! ...but my favorite is the first one. I'm a sucker for a cute bird image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness! You have been a busy crafter! What a great collection of cards. The chickie card is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at FlutterBy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute little chick card. great take on the color combo at TMS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow, these are all so pretty! i love them! really reminds me of spring! thanks for playing along this week at flutter by wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards :-) the images are lovely and the papers are perfect ! :-)

    thanks for joining the ABC Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!