Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Counterfeit Kit for September 2015

I know I say this every month, but how did it get to be September? It seems like I was just revealing my August kit... anyway, onward and upward!
The kit that we are being inspired by this month is the August Pop Art kit from Studio Calico:

I went with a very similar feeling, but softer, for my kit, "Sweet Citrus", for the lemon, lime, and orange loveliness in this kit:

This kit is fun, fresh, and bright, and I think I will have a great time with it this month! I found geometrics, text print paper, a mod floral, and the triangle embellishments immediately reminded me of this paper pad from Studio Calico. I even found a roll of white and gold washi tape.

Here is a look at the papers only in my kit:

I was feeling inspired by the fun colors and patterns of this kit, so I went ahead and took inspiration from this Project Life kit to make an embellishment mini kit:

My mini embellishment kit:

So, fun month ahead for me...how about you? Why don't you try making up a kit from your stash and link up with us at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge so we can see what you're making? But first, be sure to hop around and see what the other designers have pulled together out of their stashes, and how this kit is inspiring them!

Guest Designer:  Cindy: http://www.cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/
Margie:  http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com *YOU ARE HERE*

13 comments:

  1. Ooohh Margie, your kit has me drooling. Are those Sassafrass letter stickers I see?! *swoon* Love what you've pulled together and looking forward to seeing it in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous kit Margie - looking forward to some lush pages from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous Margie,I especially like your range of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful kit, love the colors you pulled out of the original only softer. Can't wait to see your projects.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, bright, fresh kit! You took the rather anemic inspo kit & definitely kicked it up a few notches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is one cool kit :) I just love the colors you went with and the additions from the PL kit looks like fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Sassafras letters and Studio Calico 6x6 papers? *swoon* I'd be very happy to receive your sunny kit through the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! And your name is perfect for a kit with several pieces from Amy "Tangerine". Your papers are especially lovely - I much prefer them to the inspiration kit. Looking forward to seeing what you make with all this happy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the kit. You replicated it well with putting your own spin on it. Love lemon/lime feel. What are those yellow lemons? Stickers? Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the kit. I could scrap with your collection, any day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I like this. I think that SC 6 x 6 pad will give a real "genuine" counterfeit feel to your projects, as SC has a very distinctive feel. Scrap on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a wonderful kit and add on. Really like the colours you've pulled out and the elements you picked out for your kit - I'd buy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!