Thursday, September 1, 2016

September 2016 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Kit

Good morning! When I knew it would be my turn to choose this month's kit-to-copy, I immediately knew that I would choose the Felicity Jane kits, because I always love their selections! The only hard part was choosing which kit to counterfeit. The one that I finally decided to go with was the most recent, August "Maggie" kit. I love the stylishness of their kits, so I couldn't wait to pull a sweet girly kit together from my stash. And let me tell you, I have SO MUCH stuff that would go well with this kit, but I tried to reign it in a little bit. 
And here's my "Girly Glam" kit:


A closer look at the papers:

and embellishments:

Some wood veneer bits and pieces:

Wonderful washi:

Unfortunately, I don't have a video for you
yet this month since I smashed my thumb at work last week and the nail is rather gross looking. It doesn't hurt anymore, but I was watching the video back and definitely need to redo it after I paint my nails...so I will post the kit without it and add the video tomorrow after I get it finished.

Until then, here's the designer's hop to keep you busy:


Make sure you stop by and see all of their lovely kits!

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous take on the inspiration and I LOVE your selection of embellishments - perfect mix of colors and types and they would certainly be right at home in a Felicity Jane kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tones, just like the original and beautiful wood veneers and washi too.I could definitely scrap with your kit. Good choice this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite Maggie-esque! The FJ kits really are gorgeous. Looking forward to your challenges this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kit is gorgeous just like the original. I can't wait to see what you do with it this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could definitely use your kit! Pretty for sure. A great kit to counterfeit and you've really picked up those pinky tones for your lovely kit. Here's to a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great counterfeit - you did justice to the original yet made it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, your poor thumb! Glad it doesn't hurt any more, and I love your kit - it's so close to the original, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great selection this month, Margie. Thanks for all of your efforts this month. Your kit is so pretty and so FJ. The inclusion of the black and white striped paper really gives the Felicity vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your take on this kit--very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty, pretty, pretty! (And I now see why you chose Nic as the guest designer.) I especially love both your and her kits this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful kit. Love the wood veneers and washi tape. Looking forward to seeing your projects.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow just gorgeous kit :) You really captured the color essence of the kit too. sorry to hear about your thumb, I went through the same with a finger a few years back and yes it doesn't look pretty. Glad to hear it's healing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!