Happy new year! And welcome to our blog hop for the Counterfeit kit challenge kit reveal for January! It's kind of hard to believe that it is January already, and the start of a new year. I love the fresh start and the possibilities offered by the start of a new year. The kit that was chosen for us to counterfeit this month is the January kit from Shop and Crop:
And here is my Counterfeit kit,which I am calling "Stars and Snowflakes" (made up entirely from my stash (some of it rather old!):
When choosing the embellishments, I looked first for items that were found in the original kit: mist (instead of one, I decided to use the whole unopened set of Winter Wishes Glimmer Mist that I have), die-cut pack-the one I chose was a pack of Dapper Dan from Glitz designs, and I added a handful of die cuts from my bin of leftovers, and wood veneer doilies. Then, I added in a few other embellishments that I felt would compliment the kit, such as the Vivienne wood veneer shapes, silver glitter word strips from Studio Calico, teal glitter heart stickers from Target's dollar spot, blue chipboard stars from Studio Calico, blue glitter star tape, a couple of doilies, and glitter enamel snowflakes. I love blues, and although I may have to add a little bit into the pages ( like a few more sheets of kraft or cream cardstock), I quite like the kit, and think it will be an easy one for me to use.
Looking forward to the new year, I laid out some of my crafty plans for the upcoming year, such as:
- Cleaning and organizing my craftroom, and doing something crafty and interesting with the old window that I have in there to decorate it.
- Creating a photobook of Project Life for 2017 in the Project Life App, with one page per week
- working on (not necessarily finishing) vacation albums for my two trips last year, Washington, D.C. , and our Disney Trip in October. I have just about decided to mainly scrap the Disney trip in the Project Life app as well, and have a nice photobook made from it, maybe with a few regular pages added in to our family album for the year.
- finish my December Daily album by the end of January (maybe sooner)
- finish my 2016 Project Life in the app (I have about 20 weeks left from the middle of the year, when I was working 50ish hours per week.) I have done about 10 LO's in the last week or two, so it's definitely doable! This year, I am printing the PL pages that I make in the app at 12x12 size, and just adding it into the progression of my regular family album for the year. This makes me feel free to just skip around and tell the bigger stories, whatever I am inspired by. I love knowing that I have them to jog my memory, and if I don't get around to anything else, I am still recording and printing my photos and stories!
If you would like to see a more in depth post about it, the link is here:
I have a few personal/health/fitness related goals as well, such as:
- run/walk 365 miles this year. I know that I will have days that I won't feel like running, such as those days in the summer that I am walking 10 miles a day doing my job (photography) outside, and I think I will have to count it in order to reach my goal, but the main thing for me is refocusing on my health and fitness in the new year
- practicing/improving my skills in photography
- getting back in the habit of sharing more here, on my blog.
- finishing projects...home projects, crafty projects, you name it.
- decluttering! And getting my home back to the clean and tidy state that I love for it to be in, while it is slow at work.
So, I hope to get back to sharing regularly here on the blog all things fun and crafty, so I hope you will check back with me soon.
Alright, enough about me! Time to hop around to the other designers to see what type of kits they will be using to start their new years out with. Here's the hop list: