Sunday, October 1, 2017

October 2017 Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit, "The Road Less Traveled"

Good morning! When you are reading this,my son will be 16 years old (his birthday is October 1). Can't believe two of my kid are driving now! Anyway, you are here to see a kit! This month, Julene chose the gorgeous St. Tropez collection by Prima to inspire our kits. Here's a peek at St Tropez:


It reminded me of the Lori Whitlock collection for Echo Park that I had, Reflections, with its warm sand, woodgrain, blues, soft greens, and lovely  florals and map prints,so that is what I started with as I began to pull my kit together. I replaced the florals with leaf prints to make it a bit more "fall-ish". I came across Shimelle's Go Now Go collection, which I felt was  a lovely compliment, and carried the feeling of fall travel that I wanted for this month's kit.

Here are the papers that I chose:

Instead of adding a bunch of flowers, gems, and ephemera to my kit, I selected a handful of colorful leaves, a few small flowers, and a few die cuts from my scrap bin. I added a partially used sheet of puffy stickers, some sequins, and two rolls of golden washi tape:

I have so many kits sitting unused in my raskog cart-this kit is making me really want to dive back into my pretty papers! My plan is to order a batch of fresh photos- that and this kit should be a great jumpstart to my mojo!

It seemed very appropriate to name this kit after one of my favorite poems:

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

From The Poetry of Robert Frost by Robert Frost

Well, get yourself a cup of coffee or tea, and be sure to hop around and see how our designers were inspired by this gorgeous collection! Here's the list:

Guest Designer, Kate http://kateblue.blogspot.com
Margie http://scrappinmargie. blogspot.com *YOU ARE HERE
Lisa http://lisahausmann. blogspot.com

Enjoy! Thank you for stopping in with me today!

9 comments:

  1. Margie, this is a beautiful kit! and it really has a 'fallish' feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a fantastic selection of papers. Autumnnal yet much more. Masculine yet not. Looking forward to your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you've veered onto the road less taken with its leaves instead of flowers. Lovely kit, but then you always seem to curate ones that really appeal to my tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a paper hoarder, I want your kit lol!fantastic idea to go fall instead and use concept instead of copying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of those gorgeous paper choices don't need much embellishing! Serious stash envy going on here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He he that poem reminds me of my daughter,who had to learn the poem parrot fashion in high school. Margie I covet those map papers.Like Leslie I have stash envy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one of my favourite poems too. Gorgeous. And what a lovely kit. I had the Shimelle collection in my hand too! I like you shifted the emphasis to mire fall and love the result!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fall twist you gave to your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, swoon! This kit is amazing!

    I love how there's a little bit an autumnal feel to some of it, it's wonderful. I want one! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!