Saturday, June 28, 2014

Scrappy Saturday

Just posting to share another layout that I made for Shimelle's crop weekend last week! I love her sketches, and the freedom they give for interpretation! I am scrapping Disney photos (at least some of them!) while it's still fresh in my mind, and this was one of those moments that I did not want to forget! I followed a prompt for June over at Disneyscrappers, "All Spaced Out", for this page about Spaceship Earth:
 A little peek at the "Hidden Mickey" on my page:

The supplies for this page came almost entirely from my June Counterfeit Kit, and I painted the DIY Thickers with silver Distress paint, which I was also going to use the chevron mask to apply to the navy patterned paper, but it bled all under the stencil, so I just smeared it all over the navy constellation paper and rubbed off the excess with a paper towel. I added all sorts of little bits of washi tape, mist droplets, stickers from the sticker book, brads, star studs, and little punched stars to cover my stamping mistakes (p.s. don't try to stamp without a stamping block unless you want a messed up stamping look!LOL!).  The journaling says: "Natalie was my little "ride buddy" for most of the rides. As we settled into our seats on Spaceship Earth, she exclaimed, "It's a time machine, Mommy!" Isn't that cool?!"
I just thought that was the cutest thing for her to say, so I had to record it!
The sketch that (sort-of) inspired this page:

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! LOVING the colors and the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Your sweet comments always make my day!

      Delete
  2. LOVE your page! The background paper is perfect combined with the blue printed paper to really accent the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute page and so love the hidden Mickey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! I can't take full credit for the hidden Mickey idea-I have seen it many times on Susan Stringfellow's pages, and that's what inspired me to do it on all of mine! That, and how much my kids love to find the Hidden Mickey's at WDW!

      Delete
  4. ooooh, a fabulous theme, and your page is so very very striking! love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! What an awesome compliment!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely LOVE this page. I may have to lift it when it's time to scrap my own Epcot photos. I love the hidden Mickey too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! I love Susan Stringfellow's pages, and she does the Hidden mickey's for her layouts about Disney, too!

      Delete
  6. I love the pattern paper you used the colors and patterns are perfect! The hidden Mickey is so cute I have tons of Disney photos to scrap Ill have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!