Thursday, October 16, 2014

CKC Challenge #3

Hopping in today to share the project that I made for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. Our queen for October, Laura, gave us this challenge:

Challenge #3:  Use an idea previously saved!

Do you save ideas about scrapping on your phone?  Make a quick sketch of a layout in a notepad?  Do you pin magazine cut outs to a cork board or do this virtually on Pinterest?  If you do, like me, you'll have a stack of ideas saved for later, but when is later?  I often forget to go back and actually use these gems.  This challenge is to use an idea you have previously saved - be it a scribble on a scrap of paper or a like on Instagram.  Share the idea with us, too, so we can add it to our lists!

So, I took inspiration from a couple of places for this page. I started with my Counterfeit Kit (the one from September, 'cause I'm behind-but who's keeping track anyway ). Recently, I am most inspired by the Art And Design class that I am taking from Wilna F over at Big Picture Classes. She has shared some beautiful cutfiles and techniques , so I used one of them, and had a bit of fun with some Gesso and puffy paint, and just general mess making. I wanted to use some outside inspiration as well, so I drew inspiration from a scrapbook page that I had pinned to Pinterest:
(This layout was originally shared on the My Mind's Eye blog) I loved the flower clusters especially, but I may use it for inspiration again at another date, because I love the colors and stamping, too!

So, the page that I came up with is this:

It is a bit messier than my usual style, but it was fun to make, and I love it. The texture is just so lovely in person!

4 comments:

  1. You are my hero! I have a bit of get messy scrap anxiety so this is very inspiring!
    I keep hearing wonderful things about this class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it the class! The free printables and cut files alone are worth the cost of the class! I have so many more ideas rolling around, just waiting for free time to use them!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and the background you made!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the textured background on your page. Really eye-pleasing work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!