Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Sister is Having a Baby (Part 2) The Shower...Coral, Mint, Gold and Handcrafted With Love

The plan was to keep it simple... but when it comes to things that can be handcrafted, I never have enough time to make all of the things that I want to or am inspired to make. I knew right off the bat that I wanted to make a diaper cake, because I had so much fun making a towel cake for her bridal shower (6 years ago!):

After many hours searching pinterest for inspiration, a plan came together in my head, and this is the diaper cake that I came up with:

I made paper flowers with scrapbook paper, book paper, tissue paper, my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die, my Mother's Day Bouquet Cricut cartridge, and a My Favorite Things Rolled Rose die:

I used the handmade flowers for the centerpieces, along the center of the table runner,  on the mini chalkboards to decorate them...


I made paper pinwheels and glittered rubber duckies, and I sewed the covers to the mason jars that I used to hold the centerpieces. Speaking of sewing, I sewed circle garlands which you can see a glimpse of here:


And here:

I used it over top of the tissue paper tassel garland that I made for my mantle:

I also stitched raindrops together that I had cut out with my Cricut (yes, my same trusty old friend that I have had for over 7 years!), and I hung them from the white balloon "clouds" to shower over the gifts table:


I did not make the cake, I had my mom pick one up from a nearby bakery (trust me, I am much better with paper decor!):

It was key lime flavored with cream cheese frosting, and so yummy! There were some pretty vanilla cupcakes for those who didn't like the key lime.

We played a game of late night diapers-and, yes, I made a coral tutu for the basket, and cut the sign shape from black cardstock, my Cricut, and my Storybook cartridge

I had a station set up for the guests to create headbands (the kids had a blast with this!!):



I had a handful of branches that I spray painted gold for them to hang the finished headbands on.
Instead of a guestbook, I had everyone sign in on cardstock onesies that I diecut with the Cricut Sampler cartridge, and clip them up on bakers' twine with mini clothespins:




We had lots of yummy food:
 chicken salad crossiants, cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches, pinwheel sandwiches:
 fruit in chocolate dipped waffle cones with marshmallow cream cheese dip:
The guests brought books in lieu of cards, perfect for my school teacher sister:

I made a corsage for the mama to be:


A wreath out of diapers for the front door:

And some tissue paper poms for the corner of the dining room:

and, believe it or not, I actually got in one of the pictures, too:


So, this is why I haven't been posting much. My summer has been consumed with work and shower craftiness, but I should be back to "regularly scheduled" scrapbook craftiness soon. I am still recuperating!
I am linking up at the Idea Room link party:


The Idea Room


2 comments:

  1. You completely AND TOTALLY ROCKED the decor!! WOW WOW and MORE WOW!!!! I am pinning all of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!