Sunday, April 1, 2018

April 2018 Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit, "Spring Sunshine"

Good morning! This month, the kit club that is inspiring our stash kits is the bright and fresh kit for April from the Button Farm Kit Club:

I definitely wanted to use the bright, pretty colors, and felt like this collection of papers fit the bill:

I love the airy, watercolor feel to this kit, and feel it is very well suited to the month of April. This month, I noted that the inspiration kit had a lot of die cut pieces of flowers, doilies, and even a few butterflies, so I felt that this was the perfect opportunity to bring in stamps and dies to use in my kit rather than a bunch of embellishments:

I think it will be a fun kit to work with, and I even have some lovely spring photos to scrap this year, since I have taken some time to photograph the changing season. Now I can't wait to get started! I'd love to see your take on this month's inspiration-be sure to link up over at the counterfeit kit challenge blog. Now here's our blog hop list for inspiration-be sure to hop around leave some love!

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Margie - http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com/ *YOU ARE HERE

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful kit, looking forward to seeing your stamping, something I don't do enough on my layouts.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great kit. I'm loving the stamps and look forward to seeing them used

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute kit :) Oh my will have to look into those doily die cutters :) got me thinking I should get mine out and play with them too :) Looking forward to seeing what you create with the stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those fresh, bright colours you've put together, and how you've picked up the watercolour vibe. Great idea to put in some stamps and dies rather than a lot of embellies :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've selected the perfect mix of pretty papers to mimic the original kit! They are totally gorgeous and I think you've perfectly captured the spring feel of the kit. I wish I had some doily die cut plates - yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun and colorful kit, Margie! Looking forward to seeing how you use the stamps this month, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that your kit almost looks like the original! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colors are spot on - looks like a fun kit to scrap with. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!