Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!


Hi, Everyone!!!I hope you had a Wonderful Thanksgiving! Mine was, for sure!I made dinner, which was quite a job, but I loved every minute of it! What a great way to show your family how much you love them, and so nice to put every thing else aside for a few days and just enjoy each other and being together!Now, I am in the Christmas spirit, and excited about all of the fun times and activities that this month will bring! (Photo ops galore! Kids, watch out-papparazzi mom is on the loose!)
Today, Lindsay gave us a mission: Keep it Quick and Easy Cards. I kind of struggled with this mission, because, if I am hand making a card for someone, I want it to be special. So, I decided simple but elegant was key . Lindsay's Homemade Holidays Printable Paper Pack was perfect for this! I took a couple of Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Vintage Christmas Label digistamps into Photoshop, played with the hue and saturation sliders under , until I got a red label that I was happy with (I loved it so much, actually, that I printed out an extra one to use in scrapbooking later-I LOVE that you can print digistamps out to make decorations in the size you need). I printed the Homemade Holidays paper and the digistamp out on cream cardstock, embossed a scrap of cream cardstock with the Houndstooth Cuttlebug folder, and glued/pop dotted it all together, with a sheer red ribbon. 'Cause I just can't seem to make a card with out ribbon.
Thanks for dropping by today-head over to Lindsay's blog and grab today's freebie, then on to the other designers' blogs for lots more inspiration! Be sure to drop by often, and I will try to share some of the Christmas projects I make as I make them!

Lindsay Weirich (Owner & Stamp Designer)
Cheryl Gorka (DT Coordinator)
Cindi Hooks
Diane Bove
Jennifer Bliss
Karin Martin
Laurel Seabrook
Leanne Garner
Margie Visnick(me)
Micki Harper
Rhonda Walker
Shannon Neparko
Tamara Bennett
Tracey Allen

8 comments:

  1. Love it! Very simple and classic! the ribbon is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job pairing the stamps and paper! Hope you are feeling better Margie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card and yes, it is elegent!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty - love the red and white together! Mission accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks elegant and so quick and easy the way you made it! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty & elegant! I love the vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card! I love how polished it came out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. Love the red and it looks awesome on that stocking. Love it.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!