Friday, April 29, 2011

More layouts for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge :

You may have seen the first page that I am sharing with you today on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog, since it was my submission for the "Food Inspiration Challenge"- and yes, I do realize that it is stretching it a bit to call gumballs "food", but I had the precious photo of my son and his grandma who he was extremely close to before she passed away, and I have had the idea for the page swimming around in my head for a while, so I was happy to put it together finally.  
Counterfeit Layout # 6:

I used pretty much only supplies from my Counterfeit Kit for April: GCD Studios Patterned cardstock, Echo park patterned paper (teal dots),yellow Cardstock, Echo Park title, journaling spot,balloons, orange cardstock scalloped border sticker, and added a birthday mini banner from my stash. I cut the gumball machine with my Sweethearts Cricut cartridge, and added a silver mini brad, a red mini heart shaped button, and Glossy Accents for the "glass globe".
Close-up of the "gumball machine":
I was inspired for this layout by this sketch by Sketch Inspirations:
Sketch 214:


Layout #7 with my Counterfeit Kit:
( I must admit that this is my favorite one done with my kit so far this month!)


 The lovely patterned paper background is the Webster's Pages "Underwater Oasis" from my kit, which I painted in the center with a gold Shimmerz Blingz, and added some of the brown swirl patterned paper to the center to "ground" the photos, then added a journaling tag to the center-one of the K&Co tags from my kit , which I painted with Ranger white crackle paint, then sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in a couple of shades of teal, and tied with a sheer turquoise ribbon. I then scattered Primas with mini brad centers, a chipboard flower that was inked and painted and embellished with a rhinestone in the center, another chipboard flower that I turned into a starfish with crackle paint and pink inking on the edges, a tiny felt sandollar that was handmade by me, a couple of the gorgeous feathers from my kit,  a few of the tiny silk baby's breath, and a glittered (the turquoise glitter was in my kit, too) Prima flower, and a green glitter butterfly that was embellished with tiny pearls.

Close-ups Of My Flowers and Embellishments:

 This layout was inspired by this sketch from Twisted Sketches:
Sketch# 95:

6 comments:

  1. Love the gumball machine! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What adorable bunting and gumball machine, so cute!!! Also love the spray of flowers across the page on the bottom layout. I just made one similar to that yesterday, but based on a different sketch. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great elements you include on your pages - that gumball machine is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow this is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that gumball machine! So cute! Love your take on the sketches too. Fun. Well done! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love LO#7. The way the design and embellishments complement the photos is so great

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!