Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hopping with Counterfeit Kit Club

Good morning! Can you believe it is already November? I know I can't! This month we were given a different type of challenge from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog:

This month, we are going to change it up a bit and let YOU pick what to counterfeit! With collection kits and coordinating embellishments so popular, we thought it would be a great idea to let you choose a collection from 2012 and find (or create) papers and embellishments from your stash to mimic the new collection.

 

Given such a loose set of rules, of course my head started spinning with creative ideas!! I went back and forth over my CHA Pin board , drooling over all of the scrappy goodies that I loved, and had so many favorites, that I couldn't seem to narrow it down! Finally, I decided that two of my favorite collections from CHA summer were Cashmere Dame by Glitz Designs, and On Trend by Crate Paper. (Links go to 2Peas, if you want to purchase these collections!)

Cashmere Dame:

On Trend:
 
 
They are just so fun and colorful!! So, I pulled from my stash to create a kit, which I am calling "Sassy Fashionista":
 
 
I have some nearly forgotten, but much loved goodies in here! Patterned papers from Basic Grey, Echo Park, and the Paper Studio, cardstock, washi tape, black lace, 2 sets of pink Thickers, black Glitz letter stickers, stamps from The Girls Paperie, chipboard stickers from Pink Paislee, photo corners from Anna Griffin, clear acetate diecuts from Making Memories, zebra dots and bling, Fluerettes in black and animal print, and Basic Grey die cut pack. I really love the way this came together, thanks to the CKC blog and their inspiration!!

I was so inspired by this challenge, I decided to make a few page kits, as well! In the past couple of weeks, I have shared pages made from these kits!

I made a mini-kit based on this collection by Echo Park, "Fall Fever":
 
Here is my kit, Autumn Afternoon:

In this kit, I have papers from Graphic 45, Making Memories, The Paper Studio, and My Mind's Eye, Making Memories upholstery brads, a fall rosette, Thickers chipboard shapes, and some Studio G stamps.
 
I made a couple of pages with this kit already:
 

You can see more photos and details about these pages here.
 
My last kit is not really based on a collection, but a single paper! I purchased a sheet of this gorgeous paper from Studio Calico's Yearbook collection:
 
I simply made up a fallish sort of kit with these colors and prints that I thought would go well with it! My second autumnal kit, "Colors Of Fall":
 

In this kit, I have included Bazzill glazed cs, kraft cs, Patterned paper from Echo Park, American Crafts, and Studio Calico. Embellishments include: Thickers, ScrapWorks Flea Market letter stickers, Heidi Grace word stickers, polka dot kraft tags from Target, Basic Grey wood buttons, a Jenni Bowlin Bingo card, a burlap sack, and a couple of fall rosettes.

I hope that I have inspired you to get creative with your existing stash and pull a kit or a page kit! For more kit making inspiration, we are having a blog hop, so you can see all of the CKCB's Design Team's kits!

Here is the list:

Guest Designer: Julie http://hisglorygirl.blogspot.com/
Margie http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com/ *YOU ARE HERE*
Milissa http://millermall.blogspot.com/ *GO HERE NEXT*
 
And if you love making kits from your stash, why not try out for the Design Team?

21 comments:

  1. That glitz kit is just WONDERFUL (they all are)Love how you've copied yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful kit and your pages look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kit looks like it will work together perfectly! and you sure have gone the extra mile with your mini kits as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is inspired. And had not seen either of those paper collections yet, and I can not believe how well they complement each other. And then you manage to counterfeit the look and feel so well. I want to be a sassy fashionista scrapper too! I guess that was the warm-up work to page kits that did. You are on a creative roll, my friend. Well done, three times over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found my way here from your posting on Shimelle's ReMix class. Your kits are fabulous - very inspiring! I may have to lock myself in my scrap room today and try to duplicate your hard work. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an overachiever!!!! 3 kits AND you have pages done?!? I bow to your scrappy mojo!! I like how you combined collections for your first kit - you can definitely see pieces of both collections in your kit. Have a great month of scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooo!!! Cashmere Dame is totally on my wish list!!!! Hoping to counterfeit that baby really soon. SOOOOO looking forward to seeing how you use your fashionista!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brilliant collection combo here Margie and two super pages already?! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent job on your kits! I love the Sassy Fashionista kit! Love your layouts! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Remix!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your kits are fantastic! And I love your page! I have that on my list to make this year - my favorite starbucks fall treat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my. GORGEOUS. Love both kits!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kits are great I just love the first one. It has a unique feel. It looks like you have a bit of modern and a bit of a vintage feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning kit - I am new to this so have no idea really what the kit thing is all about but it looks wonderful! I am sure I will learn more as I go along.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! I love all the kits you created! So many beautiful choices to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Margie! I just dropped by to say thanks for visiting my Frosty Festivities blog event this weekend, it's nice to see you!

    I love your 'sassy fashionista' kit, it looks very on trend! I especially like the black lace and the vintage vogue bits. Can't wait to see what you do with it all! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great kits there! I'm a big fan of Autumn coloured collections. I love your coffee layout and I think I spy some of my favourite My Mind's Eye Bloom and Grown papers! Thanks for stopping by on the hop, I hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your main kit is fabulous and very much what I would go for if I saw it in the shops!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!