Thursday, August 14, 2014

Throwback Thursday...An End to Elementary School


It seems just yesterday that these girls were starting Pre-school, and so excited that they slept in their clothes the night before (shoes and all!) their first day.
Natalie:

Cecilia:

(Just look at the tiny Dora beds-they loved Dora the Explorer!)
 I had a lump in my throat as they waved goodbye to me then, but I must admit I was a bit excited that I would have a bit of time to myself, and to actually be able to keep the house clean for a few hours. The lump in my throat and tears in my eyes are swelling now, as I realize that this will be a year of lasts for me, as my babies are growing into young ladies, and this will be their last year of elementary school.

Untitled

I have seen such a change in them, even since last year. Last year was all about comfort in clothing-t-shirts, jeans, and jackets. This year, they are starting to develop a bit of a style, wanting to match their shoes to their shirts or clothing, hair chalk for fun, colorful streaks... and Cecilia (on the left) told me yesterday that she wants to grow her hair out long. I love the young ladies they are becoming, smart, and beautiful, but I do miss those babies, too! Ah well. Time marches on. Time to embrace the change and try to shrug off the nostalgia, as my mommy heart breaks just a little.

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!