Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Insta Inspired ...CKC Challenge #3

Our challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog today was this:



Challenge #3: Create An Instagram Inspired Mini. Create a small, but perfectly formed mini to show off those dinky, little photographs of your lunches :) 

I don't do a lot of minis besides December Daily, so I chose to be inspired by the instagram square sized photos instead, and got a layout scrapped that has some interactive elements, rather like a mini on a page. I just received an order of 4x4  prints on pearl paper (it's thick and beautiful like cardstock-very heavyweight paper) from Persnickety Prints that I have been dying to use, so I knew these would be perfect! Bonus: I got a LOT of memorabilia on this page too!


This layout was all about my daughter's recent role in a play put on by her school. It was such a fun event, and I am so glad to have it scrapped, along with our tickets (that have the dates of the play- I went on opening night by myself, that ticket is on top of the ticket stack, and all of our other tickets from the Sunday afternoon matinee when we all went are underneath), and a copy of the program, which is only attached along the edge- with journaling underneath. Far too often, my memorabilia just gets tucked in a box, so it was nice to go ahead and get it on a page. I kept my embellishments to a minimum, since there was so much memorabilia.

4 comments:

  1. I'm inspired by the way you included the memorabilia on your page. I also like the way you framed the layout with that striped paper - great page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT was fast scrapping! I love, love, love seeing programs & tickets scrapped - it gets so much of the story out of the way. A big moment in her life down on paper - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle so much with memorabilia so it's good to see how you did your page to incorporate it . I like the idea that it's almost like a mini on a page. This looks great and the photos look like they were a great order from Persnickety

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you have this laid out too :) What a fun show to go and see congrats to your daughter, used to love to see the plays at the jr high when I was younger. Love the emphasis of the camera action going on about the layout too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!