Thursday, February 1, 2018

February 2018 Counterfeit Kit, "Forever Fairytales"

Good morning all! And welcome, February! This month, we were tasked with counterfeiting the the gorgeous (and HUGE) Weekend In Paris Daily Diary kit from Noel Mignon. I have been a fan of these kits for a long time, since before Two Peas went out of business. I made a little bigger kit than I have been making, as I actually got a little scrapping done this past month! I made several page bases, and I ordered a huge batch of pictures from Persnickety Prints, so I will have "fresh" pictures to scrap (finally-that may have contributed to my slump last year. I realized that I hadn't ordered new prints all year). So, on to my February kit. While not quite as large as the Noel Mignon kit, I did manage to pull together a pretty full selection from my stash. I have to say that Valentines papers are some of my favorite to scrap with-I just love the pinks and reds, and the gorgeous patterns-florals and lace. Here is a look at the kit we were given to counterfeit:


What I see, that I want in my kit-


  • Gold Glitter letters
  • Pink, Light blue, Gold, Yellow, with a touch of black
  • Resin shapes
  • Enamel dots
  • Stickers/dimensional Stickers
  • Journaling Cards
After I make a mental list like this, I start pulling papers from my stash, and  usually kind of let the papers guide me. I usually come across one that has a bolder pattern than the rest, and make the kit coordinate around that paper. Here is the kit that I came up with:

My kit, "Forever Fairytales":

Papers only:

A Closer Look At the Details:



I hope the peek into my kit inspires you to make your own! For more inspiration, hop around to all of the other lovely designers:

12 comments:

  1. Oh that's perfect. You've given me some ideas there and I'm sure I still have that multi coloured dot still in my stash! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a colourful kit that matches the original beautifully. I afore those pink oval frames :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kit, such cute chipboard pieces.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice kit, can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the resin pieces and the touches of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, Margie and the embellishments you chose are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some of the embellishments you chose as well. When I saw the hot air balloon papers in the original kit, I thought of those. Your kit is absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful kit :) I love the soft colors of the kit and so many goodies to play with in the embellishments. :) Lovely name too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bah, it's beautiful. I want it. I love it all, but especially the Glitter Bows; Resin Flowers and Chipboard Buttons .... words are failing me .... x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This kit is gorgeous! Love your papers and those resin pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I actually need your kit! It's gorgeous. So many lovely embellishments and the mix of papers is just fabulous. I love seeing some of my faves in there - there are one or two that I just haven't wanted to use up yet which is silly! There are a lot of items here which I wish I owned! A fabulous kit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!