Monday, March 5, 2012

March already?!

How did that happen?! February just flew by for me! Ah well, time marches on! And it's time to counterfeit again! The kit that Beth and Meridy chose for our inspiration this month is from Birds Of A Feather kit co:
I loved it,  and I was inspired to use a bunch of new MME goodies that I just had to order after CHA-and I based my kit around that. I tried to make a small kit-this is about as small as I can make myself go, lol!
 My Counterfeit kit for March, "Country Sunshine"
 A Closer Look At The Papers in My Kit:
Cardstock: 3 sheets light aqua, 1 sheet light yellow, 1 sheet dark yellow, 1 sheet light green Swiss Dots Bazzill, 1 sheet Blush Blossom, 1 sheet medium pink, 1 sheet white rose embossed
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart "Be Amazing" Honey Blue,Kraft Unique, Follow Your Heart "Be Happy" Follow, and Honey Pink papers, My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline "Dolled Up" Day, Studio Calico "Memoir" Book Jacket, Heirloom, and Flower Bed, Prima Alla-Prima "Composition"
Embellishments:  Jillibean Soup Homemade 6-Bean Soup Cardstock Stickers, Hambly Screen Prints rub-on Doilies, light green sheer ribbon, sheer white ribbon, aqua grosgrain ribbon, American Crafts Elements large glitter brads, Jillibean Soup Cool Beans, Petaloo velvet cream flowers, some ancient  die cut and embossed navy and green frames from my stash, Studio G aqua glitter glue, a scrap of light aqua velvet ricrac, some stick on pearls and gems, some old journaling cards from My Mind's Eye,  Sew Easy twine, and a couple of white corrugated scraps

Here is the list of designers, be sure to check out their blogs and see their gorgeous kits-I can't wait!

Guest Designer: Mary Buttons http://craftycreation.blogspot.com/







Margie http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com/ (YOU ARE HERE!)



16 comments:

  1. nice kit to play with look forward to seeing the resulting layouts/cards/etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new papers - and am feeling slightly jealous! A beautiful kit - I love those rub-on doilys too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job going smaller LOL! I like the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have "softened" this kit beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job keeping your kit on the small side. It is lovely. The browns and pinks are beautiful additions. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that you kept your kit small but added a nice variety of prints and extras. There is no guilt in buying when you are able to use the things right away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margie! You never let me down. I have loved all of your counterfeit kits, but this one tops them all. It's beautiful and, if it were for sale, I would snap it up in an instant. I may well end up counterfeiting your counterfeit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum!!! Your kit is so refined and lovely!!!! The quilting type patterns do remind me of a day in the country sun! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful kit! And you did a fine job of keeing it small-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a beautiful and fun kit to create with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful kit! Really like the colors you added!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I wish I had looked at your kit before making mine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you just love the new MY Minds Eye hexagon ppers. Your kit is ready nice. Lots of great papers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your pretty warm take on the inspiration kit! Great choice of papers/embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I like the sweetness of the pink you've included - nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your kit is beautiful. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!