Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mid March Counterfeiting!

When we (the CKCB designers) were asked by Beth and Meridy if we wanted to make a page kit for our fellow counterfeiters to copy, I jumped at the chance!  I was given a theme of "Fun and Games", and I went off on a hunt for a kit to "copy". I was inspired by 2 different kits, "Best. Day. Ever.", by Scrapbook Circle, and the March Paper Posies kit.  I had a few  (3 or 4) of the Dear Lizzy Neopolitan papers that I mixed with a few older papers, from the Girls Paperie, Making Memories, Jillibean Soup, and Prima. I also added in a few embellishments that I got from swaps (the pinwheels and rosettes, and some ancient Making Memories butterflies from my stash, and some fun finds from Tuesday Mornings and Marshalls- the Dear Lizzy Mixtape (from one of her older lines), the stamps, Canvas BG tags, and the Dear Lizzy Thickers. I also printed out several digistamps to color and add as embellishments/use for cards. The only thing I bought specifically for this kit was the smoky platinum sheer ribbon. It wasn't ruffled, so I bought a sheer ribbon with wired edges,and pulled the wire to ruffle it on one side.
*Money Saving Tip: If you just HAVE.TO.HAVE. the newest CHA goodies, do like I do...just pick up a few sheets of your favorite paper and mix it with your older/handmade stash!
If you want some fun polaroid frames and mason jar digi stamps, here are some links to freebies I found on the web:
Mason Jar Digi Stamps
Vintage Mason Jars From the Graphics Fairy
More Vintage Jars from the Graphics Fairy
Polaroid Digi Stamps
Polaroid PNG frames
More Blank Polaroid Frames

We were also asked to choose a sketch and make a page...I chose the sketch, but haven't gotten the page made yet. I'll share the page as soon as I get it finished, I promise!

Here's the sketch from the Paper Variety for you to try if you would like:


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous kit lovely soft colours all very spring like too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely kit. Please wrap it up and send it straight to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kit! Love how well the older items mixed with the new goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a great kit - I have several of those goodies in my scrap stash right now, paper and tape from American Crafts and I love those canvas tags from Basic Grey's Kioshi line. As soon as my day-tripping travels are over this month, I will take a stab at that sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful kit! I love all the colors and the goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!