Monday, January 30, 2017

Design Decisions, Prompt Two (Comparing two different takes on a prompt)

I am still steadily working on the Design Decisions class. Today's pages are both based on the second prompt, but still very different from one another. The first page, "Icy Beauty", utilized my January kit. Some decisions that I made for this page: cardstock background (which I chose beacause the patterned paper was thinner than some of my patterned papers, so I wanted it to have a bit of sturdiness. I used snowflake enamels for the embellishments, and chose to ground the photo on a doily that I had misted with some of the glimmer mist from the kit. I added droplets of mist, and even brought in another bottle of mist (violet Color Shine), for more noticeable droplets.

For the second page, I chose to use mostly supplies from a Disney kit that I have made up for myself, filled with Simple Stories Say Cheese and similar/coordinating products.I did use a doily veneer and a few stars from my January kit, as well. I made different design decisions for this page, such as, a patterned background, stars and pinked circles for embellishment, and grounded the single photo on top of a Mickey ear hat diecut. I do love how both layouts are from the same prompt, but quite different, based on the design decisions that I made.
Thanks for dropping by today, I would love to have you come by again soon, as I plan to keep creating and sharing!

1 comment:

  1. I like how you go double-duty out of that prompt (sketch?). These both work wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!