Thursday, May 28, 2009

Easy Cards and A Father's Day Freebie








So, today I have some quick and easy cards to share. I started with the black and white card kit from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff (Love this kit, so many possibilities for only $2.00!). For the Congratulations card, I started with a light yellow card base and attached the black and white background. Then I added a couple of shimmery velvet flowers from Imaginisce, put some black brads in the center, turned the photo corners into flower by cutting the tips off and adding a black brad to the center of it. I then printed out the ladybug digistamp in a very small size, colored it with my Bic markers, and attached it all to the card with pop dots.I put Glossy Accents on the ladybug for a realistic look, and I finished it off with the word "Congratulations" from the black and white kit, which I used my little red Cat's Eye ink pad on the edges of before attaching it to the card. For the second card, I attached the black and white striped background to a white card base, chalked the edges with powder blue chalk ink,and chalked the edges of the "Thank You" sentiment with the same powder blue chalk ink. I attached a light blue flower with a jumbo black and white polka dot brad and attached the thank you with pop dots (loving these lately). Two cards in approximately 30 minutes (not counting drying and cutting time). It may have actually taken less time than that-I did these while watching a movie on tv! Super easy, and I always love to have cards on hand! I think anyone that knows me might be offended if I sent or gave them a store bought card. These card kits are an awesome way to make an easy card-everything you need is included in the kit, you can use it over and over, and you can add as much or as little to it as you would like from your own stash! You can try out one of Lindsay's card kits for free, along with one of her awesome digistamps-just hop over to her blog here. Don't forget, Lindsay's Stamp Stuff is still running a sale through the end of May (a FREE digistamp of your choice with every $5.00 you spend), so hurry on over for your card kits and digistamps!
Now, my freebie for you today is a power drill svg for all your tool loving Dads and Hubbies(like mine). I cut the paper piecing to show how it should be put together-this would be great for a Father's Day card or layout.Enjoy-let me know if you like it!

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. Love what you've done with one of Lindsays card kits. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the drill, but it won't be for my husband- I am the tool person around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The drill looks great - thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cards and thanks for the free drill svg! cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are so pretty, the ladybug looks so cute. I especially like the blue with the black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards Margie! Love the drill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked this kit with the blue on it. I tried to do it at first with blue, but it didn't work for me. You did a great job!Loved how you added the inked edges to the already distressed edges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cards. I love the chalk edging technique...and thanks for the freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on May. 28, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 28 May [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 29 May [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the drill it will work well on card for Fathers Day.

    Tahnks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing :) Cheers Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!