Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This week's project for Lindsay's Stamp Stuff





My project for Lindsay's Stamp Stuff this week is a baby word book and onesie card that I made for my daughter's teacher, who is having a little girl this summer. I used 2 different sets of digi-stamps from Lindsay's store, and one individual digistamp. I used Nana's Nursery Paper Girl Stack, My Cricut, SCAL, and Storybook cartridge. For chipboard, I used the chipboard inserts that came in some cheap packs of paper from the Dollar Store. For the actual word book, I used an svg freebie file that some one shared in one of my yahoo groups, but there is one at the Craft Edge forum if you need it. I cut patterned paper and cardstock for and attached to both sides of the chipboard with Elmer's Repos. Spray Adhesive,











then painted the edges with pink paint. For the front cover, I cut a tulip from Storybook in the the light pink paper, then a 1/4 inch bigger in darker paper.
For page 2, I used a pregnant silhouette svg cut , a sticker titles, and a couple of big flowers, with a gemstone center. For page 3. I used a plaque cut from Storybook, and some green gemstone flowers, but the "star" of this page is the rattle from Lindsay's Babies and Bows digistamp collection.
I colored it with my Bic markers, and colored the white part with a white chalk pen. I then used my Copic colorless blender to blend the colors/draw out the highlights. I then covered the ball part of the rattle with Glossy Accents,waited till it was almost dry and added Martha Stewart fine white glitter. After it was almost dry, I "fussy cut" it out and added it to the page with pop dots.
For page 4, I just cut a couple of plaques from Storybook, to allow for journaling. For page 5, I colored 3 more images from the Babies and Bows collection (the Welcome Baby banner, the cradle, and the button), using my Bic markers, and my Copics. I added Glossy Accents to the button for a more realistic look, and fussy cut them all. I printed out the Flourished Frame digistamp, then cut it out and chalked the edges with pink chalk ink. I added the banner to the top of the frame for a lovely spot to put the new baby's first photo, and attached the rest of the embellies to finish the page.
Page 6: I simply cut a frame/plaque from Storybook in a large size, so she can either attach more photos, or do a little journaling.
Page 7:I cut out the sentiment "A Wish Came True" with a frame, then colored the fairy princess from the Pretty Princess Collection. I used my Bics and Copics again, then added yellow Stickles to the top of the wand, and covered the skirt with green Stickles,and cut her out after she was completely dry. I then attached various pink, green, and yellow ribbons from my stash to the part of the "Y" that branched out.
I punched holes in the book with my Cropadile Big Bite, added some book rings (they are super cheap in the office supply section at Wal Mart), and attached ribbon to those as well.

But the gift would not be complete with out a card, so I cut out my card using a onesie pattern with a bib. I dry embossed the card using the Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers folder (rolling pin method), and cut out the word "girl" (again from Storybook). I ran that through my Xyron sticker maker, attached it to the bib, then attached eyelets for the "snaps", and added a stuffed bunny from the Babies and Bows collection , which I printed out twice, once on a pale plaid paper, then on a white cardstock. I shaded the bunny with my Copic skin white marker, and colored the bow with pink Bic markers. I then colored the bow on the white image with the same pink markers, and cut it(the bow) out and attached on top of the other bow with a pop dot.






12 comments:

  1. WOW! Very beautiful project! Great job! ~Olena~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moley Girl!! Wow! Everything is so beautiful Margie!!

    Simply adorable! Great work!!

    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! Very creative and thought out! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOO adorable! What a wonderful gift for someone with a new baby. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome and the card is adorable! Love how you made all og the stamps work together. Love the rolling pin embossing, it looks great (I was sceptical that it would work!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I said it before and I will say it again just AMAZING! you were a busy little bee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible! I'm not sure what I like better--the scrapbook, which is utterly perfect or the cute little onesie card. You rock, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love every little bit of this! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a FABULOUS gift and card! Love how you combined the different stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous word book and card
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh your projects are gorgeous! fabulous blog!

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crikey! This is awesome, what a fabulous project, I have spent ages looking at all your lovely detail.
    hugs
    En x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!