Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Master Forger's List Swap and a sketch from Basic Grey

We were challenged by Beth, Meridy, and Crystal from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog to swap lists with each other, and make a page based on at least five of the other person's favorite things to scrap with. I was excited when Lisa's name was drawn to give me a list, I love her style!
Here is the list she gave me to work with:

1. White cardstock
(Got it!)

2.  patterned paper with a gorgeous mix of soft aqua and coral colours - perfect for summer layouts - and an on trend design. Something like hot air balloons, clouds, maps or chevrons. My favourite right now is BasicGrey's What's Up.
(I used Basic Grey Paper Cottage)






3.  A chipboard alpha. I just purchased an Amy Tangerine Thickers alpha - Goodness in white and I love that one too

(I used a pink Making Memories chipboard alpha)

4.  Some pearls or bling. Loving this yellow pearl swirl from Lost and Found by My Mind's Eye


(I added pearls to some of the flower centers)

5.  Flair buttons/badges. I don't know if you know how much I love maps and anything with maps on them so these badges from Studio Calico are high on my list right now
( I used a BG wooden button from the Paper Cottage collection)

6.  My go-to supply on my table is white or cream twine. I buy it at the haberdashery and love it. I use it on everything. Or kitchen string :-)
(I used it to tie the center of the button, and to make the banner)

7.  Stick pins - I have a collection of assorted pins to use
(I used a couple of pretty vintage stick pins that I received from a swap on 2 Peas)

8.  Tape of some sort. My collection is growing!
( I used washi tape to make the mini banner, and under the title)



9.  Assorted die cut shapes - I have this bag from the What's Up collection but it could be die cuts in any form.


(I die cut the borders from scraps with my Cricut and SCAL)


10.A stamp or stamped image of some sort. I'm including this as it's something I have to remind myself to do more often! I have a small but growing collection of stamps but I forget to use them! :-)

(I used Basic Grey stamps for the leaf flourish and the cream colored flower, and heat embossed both for texture)

I based it on this week's sketch from Basic Grey:




 A closer look at the embellies and stamping:


All of the patterned papers are from a 6x6 Paper Cottage pad, the flowers are all handcut from the pad as well, with the exception of the cream flower.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty embellishments. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally in love with your wonderful colour combination. and those photos are precious !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of what you did with my list! What a gorgeous layout. I'm thrilled you liked the list - I loved putting it together and now seeing what you did with it, I'm going to have to get on and use it myself!

    I'm late getting my blog post up but will work on it as soon as I get home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed that you got all the items on the list and the layout does not look too cluttered - its perfect! And the photos are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!