Monday, July 23, 2012

Challenged by 2Peas...

I have been a member at 2Peas In a Bucket for forever, so I had a blast getting caught up in all of the excitement of CHA last week! I participated in most of the chats (even won a prize, yahoo!), watched all of the new release videos, and even got the chance to participate in a few of the challenges! I did a CHA Favorites and Trends board for the Pinterest challenge,and I made a few layouts for some of the scrappy challenges(using my CKC kit for July, of course!).
First, I combined challenges #1 (Color Combo with Marcy):
And Challenge #8, "Combine 3 Trends". The trends I incorporated were chevrons, woodgrain, and twine.
Here is my layout, "Cool Treats":

Close-ups of the embellies:



I used sketch #218 from Creative Scrappers for this page:
(Loved this sketch, so much fun! Come to think of it, I incorporated another trend, banners, as well!)

The next page I made was for Challenge #2, Make a Fall Themed Project:

I used this sketch from Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits:

And, here is my layout, "Thanksgiving Together":
 A Closer look at the stamping and handcut embellies:

Thanks for stopping in with me this morning, I have to run now since I have a new scrappy project in the works! Let me know what you think! Did you enjoy all the hustle and bustle from CHA last week, or was it too much for you?


7 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty pages. I especially love the embellishments on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty pages!! LOL...at the orange paper in your fall LO...I used that same paper in my Counterfeit Kit. I thought I was the only scrapper who still had that old stuff in her stash!!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous!!! Your layouts are beautiful. I also loved your pinterest board too!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts, Margie! I really love how you used the colours and embellishments. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Paper Smooches August Release Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab layout, love the tiny bit of text paper! lots of great touches! thanks for playing along with us at boy's Rule!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages, great colour combos. Thankyou for playing along at Creative Scrappers Tx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!