Monday, September 17, 2012

Back 2 School with Jenni, Crate, and WASHI!

I have been soaking up lots of back 2 school inspiration from bloggers for the past few weeks, so I decided that I should take a swing at a back to school page myself! The Jenni Bowlin Studio inspiration blog has been inspiring me for a while now with lots of back to school pages, and I knew that this stencil paper was perfect for the theme! I tried the "washi tape behind the letters" technique that I scraplifted from Shannon Tidwell, a Garden Girl at Two Peas (in response to the "Scraplift a Pea" challenge). I used this sketch from Artful Delight, turned 90 degrees on its' side:
 
And I came up with this page:

Close up look at the title:
 A look at the stencil with the washi tape:
 And the "books" I cut from the the Crate Paper patterned paper and inked with Tim Holtz Old Paper Distress ink:
 
Most of the supplies for this page came from my CKC kit for this month, and I also added little droplets of sheer white homemade shimmer mist and tiny stars that I punched from red and yellow woodgrain paper. I love how it turned out! What do you think? Drop me a line and let me know!
 

16 comments:

  1. Love the bookshelf at the bottom - great page all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, I love this paper, and fab effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the paper, too, and I couldn't wait to try the idea after I saw it on Shannon's page!

      Delete
  3. Loooooove this! I may have to lift you as much of those items are sitting in my stash. LOL! The stencils are so perfect with the books and the photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad I could inspire-if you make one, link it up! I'd love to see!

      Delete
  4. Iam so in love with your title treatment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!I was going to use "real" stitching, but I'ma a klutz and broke my sewing machine needle :-p ...so I pulled out my stamps!

      Delete
  5. What an amazing page! I love the stencil background and that gorgeous title! Such a great school layout :) Thanks for joining us at Artful Delight this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The books are the bomb. You will have to make a tutorial on them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning layout!!! I look at layouts and marvel at the detail and complexity. Many thanks for joining us at Artful Delight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous layout! I love the stencil letters with the washi tape beneath. So glad you joined us at Artful Delight in out latest challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that page and what a great way to use the stencil must see if I can find mine and get them on a page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful page Margie - love the colourful stencilled letters especially

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!