Saturday, September 22, 2012

Chanelling My Inner Tim Gunn


We were given this challenge at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog:

Challenge #2: Character Inspiration: Pick your favorite character from books/movies/t.v. and let them inspire your project (style, color, type of project...).
And I immediately thought of Project Runway! I have loved that show since the beginning, and find it very inspiring (and a lot of fun to watch!) When I saw this challenge on the MME blog:

Welcome to our last September challenge! Today we are taking an idea from Project Runway. We want you to create a layout and then create a card that goes along with the layout.
In other words, your card must be clearly inspired by the layout. Whether you use the same design elements, or the same products...they must be a pair.
The name of this challenge? Make It Work. Yes. I'm channeling Tim Gunn. :)

I knew it was fate ;-) So, this is the Layout and Card combo that I made:
Supplies used: (From my Kit) stamped polka dot kraft envie, stamped white on kraft journaling spots, maroon handmade paper flower, stamps from My Mind's Eye Sweetest Thing collection, and from SwissGirl Designs, Tim Holtz/Sizzix embossing folders, and white paper doilies. From my stash: My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing: Lavendar patterned paper (12x12, and 6x6), layered embellies, chipboard stickers, brads, Enamel Dots, and crocheted doily.
 In keeping with the Project Runway theme, I used the stitch embossing, stamping,and doilies. I came up with a set that I quite like! (I have to practice the "Keep Calm" part daily with these two, lol!)
Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. Don't ya just love it when inspiration and challanges collide? Bam! Another great layout (and card.) The pp combo is devine. And I really, really like the litte crochet bit in the cluster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sassy! That crochet bit was one of my favorite parts, too!

      Delete
  2. These are both gorgeous. I love all the sewing references and the products you've chosen are just lovely. Especially the papers. I never combine challenges or at least not for a long time so I'm very impressed how you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! It's fun to see how I can " Make It Work" for the challenges!

      Delete
  3. Very Pretty LO!!
    Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love Tim Gunn? I never would have thought to use a 'real' character, but now that I've seen your beautiful card and layout, I'm certain I could find inspiration in some of my favourite programmes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this page is so beautiful! I wanted to say thank you for following my blog and for your kind comment for the blog hop creations! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!