Thursday, September 6, 2012

Master Forgers' Hop, Part 2

Well, my power's back on. I have never seen a lightening storm like there was in my area last night! My son had football practice, and we were told to leave and go home (or wait out the storm in the field house) after 10 minutes. We chose to leave since we had to pick the other kids up from church. The ride back to our house was rather frightening (I'm glad it was my husband driving and not me!). We saw strike after strike of lightening, and and one flash of lightening struck a tree right in front of us, and a huge limb landed in the road ahead of us-my husband had to swerve/slide around it to keep from having an accident-it was huge! But, fortunately we are all fine, and the house and cars were not damaged by falling trees or limbs. And, the power is back, so I can complete my post and show you my kit for September in depth.
"Farmhouse Hobbies"
A kit that reminds me of the library and sewing rooms at my grandma's farmhouse, full of books, decorated with quilts and lovely bits of hand crocheted lace and doilies :

A closer look at the papers ( lovely mash-up of Crate Paper, Jillibean Soup, Jenni Bowlin, Studio Calico, and some cardstock):

And some of the fun extras:

I hand stamped and embossed some white on kraft journaling spots:
Stickers from Crate Paper and Jenni Bowlin:
Some brand new stamps that I have been dying to try from swissgirl Designs, My Mind's Eye Sweetest Thing, and some Tim Holtz embossing folders:
Of course, my kit wouldn't be complete without washi tape:
I threw in some gorgeous Graphic 45 chipboard buttons:
And I handmade lots of fun goodies:

Paper flowers that I cut with my Cricut Mother's Day Bouquet cart and textured paper:

Jumbo paper clips with felt bows:
And then, of course, I had to meet the challenge to make 3 CHA inspired items:


Here are the items that I was inspired by:
Jenni Bowlin wired vellum feathers (I loved, loved, loved these!)
 
 


Studio Calico Mr. Huey's Masks (I cut mine out of a cheap plastic file folder, and the plastic sheet that comes with the Cricut mats with my Cricut and SCAL)
 
 
There are so many more things from CHA that I loved, but this will give me a little bit of a "fix", and I think I will have fun playing with my "new" goodies this month!
Now, it's time to visit the other Master Forgers, and see what they have come up with for their kits this month!

11 comments:

  1. Your home made masks are brilliant!

    So glad you are back on the grid - and safe! Scary sounding storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, firstly let me say that I'm so glad you're safe. We just don't have weather like that here! Secondly, well.....you know how amazing I think your kits are and this one is no different. Full of such fun elements! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kit! I love your handmade embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea to make your own masks! I love, love, LOVE the yellow washi tape and the stencil paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..this kit is chockful of goodies! I love it. I can't wait to see what you do with it this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! So many great ideas in this post! Loooooove the DIY kraft journaling spots, the Cricut flowers and mask!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely lacy stamps, buttons and flowers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your kit the papers, stamps, and oh the masks need to try making my own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your power has been restored - and I have to say your kit is clearly "electric". I recognize so many of those papers and I love, love, love your kit - I especially like that 6 x 6 Jillibean pad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great kit. Can you please do a tutorial on the layered flowers, and/or show some close up pictures of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sassy! Which ones? I may be able to do a quick tutorial next week.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!