Saturday, September 15, 2012

Master Forger's Challenge #1

Over at the CKCB blog, we were challenged to :

Challenge #1: Pick an OLD item from your stash and use it on your project. Don't be shy!
So, this is the page I made:

Even though it is not technically perfect, this photo is special to me, because it was taken at Christmas at my house last year, one of the last few times my family got together before my dad passed away this spring. He had just been goofing off and teasing my mom, and I got a quick snapshot of them laughing afterwards.
I mixed old and new in this layout. Items that have been in my stash forever: brads, stickers, and my sewing machine (I have had one for 12+ years, but just recently made myself start using it!). I used papers, punchouts, and stickers from Jillibean soup's Homemade 6 Bean soup collection, and I added in some aqua washi tape and Studio Calico Mr. Huey's mist.

12 comments:

  1. I love the stitching and the wonderfully sentimental photo. This is truly a beautiful page! Loving the washi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done on using up some of those forgotten items. your page is lovely and certainly makes the most of that special photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use up those brads! The quilt paper is so perfect for the cozy photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stitching and the colourful frame are brilliant. I love the brads around the flower shape too - great idea. A really beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to use som jillibean, too :). Very pretty page for this special photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for your loss Margie, I think this is such a special page!!!! Beautiful and I'm not sure what you mean by not technically perfect? I love it! I think it's lovingly thought out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's so sweet, Julie Ann! By not technically perfect-I was refering to my photography skills-I am always very self critical about lighting and other things I should be aware of while taking picture. But it is a special memory for me, so everything else just melts away...

      Delete
  7. What a sweet page - love your little touches - glad you dug those items out of your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a precious memory! It is so beautiful. Love the stitching and the quilted background. It gives it such a homespun feel. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have truly honourd your father and your family with this touching layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It doesn't matter that the photograph isn't technically perfect - it's a beautiful, touching layout! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful page and memory!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!