Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm a Master Forger...



AKA a Design Team member for the Counterfeit Kit Club blog!! I just got the email yesterday! I was very excited, since I have been having a blast playing along with them! Maybe I will actually get some of this enormous stash used up, and that would make my hubby happy! LOL!
Ok, now that I have done my little happy dance, I did actually get some scrapping done too! I played along with the Etsy inspired challenge. Here are my inspiration pieces:
Green and White pillows (I was very inspired by the patterns, and it immediately reminded me of this green and white Basic Grey patterned paper from my kit. I wanted to make a 2 page spread, and I only had one full sheet of this patterned paper, so I dug into my scraps-and found 2 large pieces that I was able to attach, and cover the gap with ribbon from my kit.
I was also inspired by these Stacking Rings ,



and I was inspired to replicate them on the photo frame on the first page with tiny gold ribbon and some pearls from my kit.
All supplies used were from my kit, with the exception of the matching green and white patterned paper and the adhesives I used.What do you think? Do you see the inspiration in my page? (this is as straight as I could get this photo today, sorry!)



I know, I know, you saw the Jenni Bowlin number banners that were in the Studio Calico kit. I know ,I could have made my own-but those were just sooo darn cute! I got a sheet. What can I say? I'll hold out my wrist for you to slap it now. (head down) Anywhoo, I only spent $4.50 making my kit (minus the initial amount that I spent on my stash, of course), and I am using my stash, so I'm happy!

16 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm looking forward to being on the team too. This challenge is just so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages Margie - fab inspiration too. Looking forward to April & the fun we will have :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely see where you got your inspiration - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. I am so excited for you. Can't wait to see more of your projects.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your inspiration and layout! Congrats on the design team! Looking forward to the inspiration you deliver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad we are on the counterfeit team together. Looking forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! They are fortunate to have you on their team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may be a bit biased because I love green...but awesome layout! The inspiration is just perfect!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on making the team! I love what you did with your etsy inspirations! The green and white stripes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Wohooo! Cant wait to get to know you! I am so excited! I really like your Etsy challenge too and agree my hubby will be happy if I start using my things too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big congrats!!! I love seeing your inspiration. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can totally see your inspiration on the page. Congrats on making the design team!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the design team and yeah I am your 100th follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats on making the team - I am loving what I am seeing here on your blog so I am excited to see your creations in the future.

    Love the green and white here on your layout and the banner is totally adorable! the ring inspired feature and the bling flower are perfect accents to this lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats!! Fabulous pages! I love that ring you posted...green is one of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!