Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Somebody stop me!

I've got to stop adding to my Counterfeit Kits, and start actually using them! There's so much stuff there that I need to use! But I really liked these elements, so I really wanted to duplicate them for my kit. I made my own button clips ( I used a mix of white and yellow buttons, chipboard and vellum daisies, and a couple of resin flowers that I saw a tutorial for HERE
And I really loved the FabRips from Cosmo Cricket, but I don't have any, so I made some! I thought the orange woodgrain was so cool, so I found an orange woodgrain print on Flickr and downloaded it. Then I took a piece of canvas out of my fabric bin, Mod Podged it to a sheet of cardstock,ironed it with a dry iron, then printed the orange woodgrain on the fit to page setting. It kind of cleaned my printer rollers because of the thickness, I think-there was a bit of a grunginess to it, which I really didn't mind, I like a bit of distressing!
I think it looks pretty close!

27 comments:

  1. Very clever and your homemade clips are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the orange wood grain. I also love the clips, the top left one is my favorite! I will have to make some of these I got so excited I did not even see them in the kit LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm so love your clips! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look fabulous! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, your embellies are so awesome. I can see why you are having fun making them!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful ideas! They came out perfect!

    Bethany
    Counterfeit Kit Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your kit AND your clips are too cute! I am totalyl impressed with your wood grain "Paper". Now use it silly lady :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the clips and the orange wood grain is incredible. Can't wait to see how you use them.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!!! Stop! Start using some of your kit! I suppose re-purposing your supplies does count as using your stash too though. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...that canvas woodgrain is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are inspiring me. I think I am going to go make some embellies before bed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on your clips...now I want to go make some!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job making your own clips and wood!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Great job on making your own embellies. These are amazing. Now, get scrapping girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your clips, Margie! I love that you made a variety, too-what a great way to use the last of those favorite embellies! Your are so clever to make your own FabRips, too! Very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great job. I love your homemade fabrips!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A girl after my own heart... I love making embellies too

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your clips are great, and that woodgrain canvas is absolutely ingenious! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job these will look lovely when you get round to using them

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all the different clippies you made, so cute!!! And a great idea for using up charms and other embellies I may not have used otherwise, love it.

    And the faprips "ripoff" (said in the most complimentary punny way!) is brilliant!!! LOVE it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Your creative juices are sure flowing! Love the daisy clip - they are all great, but really loving the daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've had to stop myself from making tons of embellishments. It's an aspect of crafting that I love, so it's hard not to be inspired to do that instead. I totally understand! Loving your handmades, they'll certainly make your layouts stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on making the DT for Counterfeit Kit Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The clips are awesome but I'm really impressed by the fabric strips. Me likes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!