Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Scrapping up a storm...

My crafty muse, or inspiration comes and goes in spurts. I may be inspiired one night and scrap 5-8 pages. Then, I could without inspiration for weeks-when my kids were really small, I went without scrapping for a few months at time (for some reason I never stopped buying supplies,though-I think I enjoy shopping as much as I enjoy scrapping). But, 2 nights ago, I was inspired. I just started scrapping, and didn't stop until I realized it was 11:30, and I had to get up before 5...But it was so worth the lack of sleep! I love a great, productive evening like that, where I don't have to force it, it just sort of flows out! So, all that being said, here is what I made(all supplies from my March Counterfeit Kit):
You Are My Sunshine layout:
I used the back side of one of my Sassafrass Lass sheets (one of the best things about that company is that both sides of the sheet of paper are equally beautiful!), a white paper doily, Sassafrass Lass photo corners from the cardstock sticker sheet, a chipboard flower and doily, all from my Sunny Clearing kit. I also used a chipboard title, orange cardstock (for the photo mat), and a small orange journaling spot from my Main kit, and another KI Memories chipboard doily and a gem from my Babbling Brook kit.
Close Ups of Title and Chipboard Doily:




My Little Punkin' layout:
This layout was made with mostly my Main Kit: Orange patterned paper from Pink Paislee, Dark brown cardstock, ruffled brown ribbon, Making Memories journaling spot, and flourished heart shaped Daisy D's journaling sticker, my homemade "fabrips", and some buttons, flower gems, and Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type stickers for the title from my Mossy Knoll add-on.
Close up of journaling spot, buttons, and flower gems:
Yum layout:
I made this layout with Sassafrass Lass paper, Yellow scalloped circle cardstock, Thickers puffy alpha stickers, yellow ric rac, and one of my homemade clips from my Sunny Clearing add on. I also added orange cardstock, a Making Memories journaling spot, and twine from my Main kit, and made an ice cream cone with paper scraps, my Cricut, Indie Art cartridge, and Glossy Accents, and added memorabilia from the chocolate/ice cream shop.
Close Ups of ice cream cone and homemade clip:

Thanks for stopping by today, and allowing me to share my creations with you!

7 comments:

  1. You are scrapping up a storm - I especially love the doily layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way - when my mojo strikes, I have to be ready! Great layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both gorgeous Margie! Your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great layouts! I love nights like that!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you think the best thing about Sassafrass is that both sides of the papers are beautiful. I'm normally paralysed by my indecision over which side to use and leave them in my stash!

    Glad you managed to 'get your scrap on'. Your layouts look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pages Margie - I love your handwriting too! These kits can make the most of our time & inspiration can't they!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layouts, I really love the doily one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!