Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Yesterday Was A Scrappy Kind of Day...

Whew!! I was trying to use up as much as I could of my Counterfeit Kit, at least the stuff I had ideas for...
The first layout I did was for this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch...
The layout: "Love, Honor, Cherish" was done with photos from my little sis's wedding this past summer (wasn't she beautiful?), and made up almost entirely of my Counterfeit Kit. The only thing I added were the Doodlebug Frills (the black scalloped borders). They needed a little pizazz, so I painted them with the homemade Concrete Glimmer Glam paint from my color kit, then misted them with Homemade Moonlight White shimmer mist. I was impatient, so I used my heat tool to dry it, so I could go ahead and use it.
The second layout, "Frosty Kisses", used photos that I took of my brother, his girlfriend, and her little boy. The supplies were completely from my Counterfeit Kit from February, with the exception of the journaling spot from Creative Imaginations, from my January kit, and the tiny scraps of flourish blings.The title and snowflakes are cut from my Winter Woodland cartridge and Cricut.The next layout, "Snow Day", used up some of the pics from all of our recent snows. Again, most supplies were from my February Counterfeit Kit. I did swap the light blue cardstock from my kit for this slightly different shade of light blue Bazzill (Swiss Dots) from my stash, because I felt it matched my photos better.I used cardstock scraps from my Feb kit, a Martha Stewart punch for the scalloped border, and added a Making Memories Noteworthy sheet for the journaling.I used Winter Woodland again to cut out snowflake accents and the "Snow Day" title, using scraps of the lavendar cardstock and leftover pieces of the GCD Studios paper on the shimmery white back side for the layering and snowflakes. I used white Momento ink on the circle chipboard , and sprayed with my Plum Crazy and Moonlight White homemade shimmer mists. I dried it with my heat tool, and used my Doodlebug rub-on letters for the word, "fun".The last layout, "Sharing", was of some sweet cupcake sharing photos of my twins-the photo coloring was a bit off, but I wanted to scrap this sweet memory, anyway. From my Counterfeit Kit, I used the Back of one of my Basic Grey sheets for the background of this layout, a Basic Grey chipboard label, a few light pink Basic Grey Painted Brads, the last tiny pink flower, a Jenni Bowlin journaling spot, a grungeboard bookplate, and a cupcake feltie and a mini banner from my stash.I inked the grungeboard with Tea Dye and Walnut Stain Distress ink pads, and misted with my homemade Moonlight White shimmer mist, and the cupcake feltie was one I made for a swap on 2 Peas in a Bucket.The chipboard Basic Grey plaque, I inked with white Momento ink, painted the edges with Opal Shimmerz, and misted the chipboard with the Moonlight White shimmer mist. I also used the Making Memories pink glitter stickers, and the patterned mini banner was from a mini banner swap on 2 PeasHere is what I started the month with:
And...............
Here is what's left of my Counterfeit Kit, Cardstock, and Romance Add-ons!! I know, it looks like alot, but it actually is not very much when you consider all of the stuff I started with. I did have some partially used ribbon, tulle, and Remarks journaling stickers left, that I put back in my stash. And, out of all of my patterned papers and cardstock, I only have 1 full sheet each of cardstock and patterned paper, and a few partial sheets and scraps. I do have one more layout and card in the works, which I will share in the next few days.
All in all, yesterday was a very productive scrapbooking day, but I have some cleaning to do today!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win - and well done for using up SO much of your kit - AND making so many fab pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pages! I love the top one best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great variety of layouts. You did an excellent job of using up that mega-kit would counterfeited. Can't wait to see what you do in March.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great variety of layouts. You did an excellent job of using up that mega-kit would counterfeited. Can't wait to see what you do in March.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work with the kit and congratulations on winning the actual kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're visit and comment brightened by day today - thanks for stopping by! WOW! You've been busy!!!! Awesome stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been a busy gals and the layouts are so pretty. Glad you got to play along with us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very productive day! Beautiful work! ove your take on the ST sketch! Beautiful photo's and papers!
    Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You've been so productive and I am suitably shamed by my one and only layout. Yours are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the damask on the first one especially, but these are all stunning! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! Your lo's are JUST AMAZING!! WOW WOW WOW!! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty pages. Love the black and white with a touch of pink x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, wow, wow, Margie! These pages are awesome, I bet you have the prettiest scrapbook around!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful beautiful layouts!!! Fun to see what you have leftover from last month's kit. I didn't get as many layouts made. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!