Monday, February 16, 2015

Counterfeit Kit Club Challenge #3, Unexpected Titles

I am coming to you today to share my take on the CKC challenge, Challenge #3: Create an unexpected title or sentiment!

I must admit that even with the beautiful example, I struggled a bit with this challenge. I just wasn't quite certain what it meant. What is an "Unexpected Title", anyway? So, I decided to make it my own, since there are no rules in scrapbooking. I could make the challenge mean what I wanted it to mean! So I thought about it this way. What kind of title would you expect from me? Something with Thickers, probably. And on a page about Splash Mountain, you would probably expect something like a title about water, splashing, or something wet. Well, not on this one. I decided to go for unexpected all around. I cut letters for my title free hand, something I have not done yet, but I have seen Becky Novacek do it beautifully, and I have wanted to try it.
I think I like how it turned out! It was fun to do, and I'll probably try it again-I think I will try it with 6x6 pads, since I think it would be a fun technique with pattern mixing like Becky did.

8 comments:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING the colors and the title work!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colors and papers that you chose for this photograph. Your hand cut letters are terrific and I think the inking finishes it off beautifully. Love the heart in the "A"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this LO & your title letters. They match the title on the Splash photo so well. Your wood grain background paper is perfect for that ride. Very nice LO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a fabulous take on this challenge - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am like you - take away my Thickers option, and I am lost on titles. Nice job though, and I like the two different size tags as well. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really FAB change-up on your expected title treatment! Love that you stretched it to include consideration of the subject of the layout - that would not have occurred to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This challenge had me stumped! Hand cutting letters for your title was a great take. Loving that navy, white and turquoise patterned paper on your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm almost exclusive on Thickers or Mini Markets so this will be a challenge for me - but if you can make such a fabulous layout without Thickers, then you give me hope that maybe I can too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!