Sunday, February 1, 2015

Counterfeit Kit for February

Can you believe we are already into February? I can't! This month, we are counterfeiting this fabulous kit from Scrapbook.com, Love Across The Miles:

I think I was able to pull off a pretty successful counterfeit:

Of course my papers are from older lines, but it just goes to show me that I should always go check my stash before shopping, as I probably have something very similar to the newest, most hip items! I might even like my own more. I have papers from Maggie Holmes, Shimelle, Crate Paper, and even an ancient map print from Heidi Swapp. For labels, I went into my computer and found some free printables from Studio Calico and Kaitlin Schaeffer which I printed on sticker paper, pulled a few bits from my scraps and off cuts bin, and added gems, wooden dots, flair, wood veneer, flowers, and even some wood grain chipboard hearts for embellishment.

I hope my kit inspires you to take a second look at your own stash today! Be sure and share them with us over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog-we love to see the fantastic stash kits our readers come up with!

If you would like a little closer look at the items included in the kit to copy this month, check out this Pinterest board by another DT member, Lisa.

Here's the blog list for the rest of the design team, so you can see their lovely kit counterfeits, as well:

17 comments:

  1. hey - what a fab kit and it really does look so very close to the original! I like that you laid it out in the same way - might have to try that one day! My kits always end up ten times bigger than the original! Love what bits and pieces you have included and I think it will be a great kit to inspire you through the month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you did well there, great matches and those cute little stars. love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great counterfeit kit - can't wait to see your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly captured the essence of the kit to copy. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful kit Margie wow you certainly got close with alot of your items too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's lots of reds and browns there.I like your kit very much .

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fantastic job matching up your goodies to the inspiration. Your map paper is perfect. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. couldn't agree more about older stash! I cant believe what I pull out with many thanks to counterfeit!! You've matched your kit so beautifully and it looks so yummy together!!! Gorgeous Lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH GOOD GRIEF!!!! I MEAN MARGIE!!!! I was thinking who was coming next when I typed name!!! So sorry!! as soon as I hit publish I knew!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very close forgery - and brilliant that you've used up so much older stash! Have fun with it x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific forgery! I think that you are going to love working with this kit. So many wonderful neutrals with the red and blue. Looking forward to your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely kit! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great kit! I completely agree when you said that a lot of the new lines are very close to older items we already have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful kit, such a sweet match love the stars and hearts.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your kit looks great, we wouldn't know it had so much "older" stuff if you hadn't told us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!