Sunday, February 22, 2015

On Icy Beauty and Thinking Warm Thoughts

Just popping by the blog today to share a few of the photos that I took this past week when we were covered with ice;








It was so treacherous, but, as you can see, it was majestic and beautiful, especially when the sun came out! It just made the ice sparkle like a thousand glittering diamonds!

Since I was pretty much tied to the house, I was able to do a little crafting, and finished up a few layouts I had worked on. I don't think I have shared this one yet:

I used Maggie Holmes' first line, along with chipboard from Crate Paper's Party Day and Color Shine mist from Heidi Swapp to scrap these photos from Epcot- we were lucky enough to arrive a couple of days after the Flower and Garden festival ended, so were treated to a veritable feast of flowers and topiarys to photograph and enjoy! Our day at Epcot was a rainy one, but the cloudy skies just made it easier to photograph everything. My sloshy wet shoes were rather uncomfortable, but I am always one to look on the bright side of things.

Today will be a good day for me, as the snow and ice has melted, the kiddos get to go to Nanny's house and church for a while, and the Daytona 500 is today! Boogity boogity boogity let's go racin', boys!

3 comments:

  1. Great snaps, but I am much preferring the warm weather photos on your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the photos!!!! Brrrrr but gorgeous!! And love love love your lo! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos!! And such a lovely layout! Love the colors and embellishments with those fantastic pics!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!