Monday, October 15, 2012

CKCB Challenge #1

For our first challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog this month, we were told:
Quilt Challenge: Let quilts inspire your next project! Warm, cozy and every pattern/color you can think of! Have fun with this one!
 
 When I saw the current "Designer Drafts" sketch challenge over at the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge blog, it reminded me of quilting, so I decided to combine the two. 
 The sketch:
 

My card, using a free digistamp from Paper Smooches:

Supplies used:
I printed the doily paper from my Everyday Eclectic digital kit on a transparency and stitched it to a white cardstock base, for the triangles on the left side of the card, I punched squares from scraps of hot pink and aqua cs, and cut them in half, added a double bow made from some sheer pink ribbon from Offray , a Paper Smooches digistamp that I printed on white cs and colored with my Copics, then die cut with my Cuttlebug and the scalloped circle Spellbinders die, mounted on a hot pink scalloped circle.
I am also sharing another card that I made from my October CKCB kit. I made this card for a challenge over at the Ellen Hutson Classroom blog, but since my internet was down, am too late to enter in the drawing. I used this sketch:
 
And I made this card:

Supplies used: Everyday Eclectic digital paper, light aqua cs scrap, printed Everyday Eclectic digital border strip (the green, printed on sticker paper). Colorbok white glitter chipboard, October Afternoon rub-on, green glitter brads, orange washi tape from Target, Martha Stewart aqua baker's twine, and Tim Holtz Distress stain (on the outer glittered frame). Happy Birthday was stamped over the rub-on rose with Staz-On.

3 comments:

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!