Saturday, October 6, 2012

October Counterfeit Kit

It's that time again! Time for the Master Forger's blog hop to reveal our kits! This month, we were inspired by the stunning September kit from Gossamer Blue Kit Club:
My itchy fingers really wanted to just buy it, but I have so much stash, I decided to see what I could pull together from that. Here is the kit I came up with:
 I have papers from My Minds Eye, Basic Grey, Echo Park, and Nikki Sivils. Embellishments
are from October Afternoon, American Crafts Thickers, Making Memories, Pretty Little Studio, Elle's Studio, and Prima (and of course  I had to put some washi tape in there!).
My Add-On Kit:

 
 More Thickers, October Afternoon, some vintage mailing labels for journaling, and some stamps.
I had my kit all together, and then Jessica Sprague put some of the Everyday Eclectic digitals on sale this past Wednesday, so I decided it was fate and added them into my kit:


I LOVE this collection, so I am sure I will get a lot of use out of the digi kit-my favorite part of digital scrapbook elements is the ability to print them over and over!

I already made one page with my kit, inspired by this week's Glitter Girl episode:
I used Tea Dye and Frayed Burlap Distress inks to really "muddy it up", and the background pp is the B-side of the Basic Grey blue floral print from my kit. I die cut the cameras and "Memories" word jumble with my Cricut, using the Graphically Speaking and Cricut Sampler Cartridges. I used the Martha Stewart Drippy Goo border punch, lots of digital papers and embellishments from my digital kits, a Tin Pin from the OA set, backed with a small scalloped circle punch by Martha Stewart, and the journaling spot is a piece of patterned cardstock from the 5&Dime pad that I trimmed down.
Close-ups of the page details:



Thanks for dropping by my blog today, now be sure to drop by the rest of the Master Forgers' blogs today for lots more kit inspiration!
*Edited to add: I posted this early on accident, the other girls won't be up until midnight tonight or tomorrow morning
Here is the list:

14 comments:

  1. You're a quick one! already made a page, and a wonderful one!
    I love the bright colors of your kit. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I do like the addition of florals in your kit - it changes the feel of it completely. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I love how you mixed soft and bright into your kit! Oh and your Muddy page is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you, already got a jump start with a page down and all! Way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All kinds of great goodies here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your kit - and your take on the Glitter Girl challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you matched the colors and patterns of the inspiration kit! Your kit is rally soft and pretty! Have fun creating with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kit is great and I can see you are as big a fan of Elle's Studio as I am. I'm jealous that you've already have a layout done - and I think it showcases how much your kits resembles the inspiration kit. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great kit, and great page! I like all the ways you were able to make thinkgs look muddy :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that collage section at the bottom of layout and my eyeballs are really liking that add on kit

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOOOOOOOOVE Everyday Eclectic, it's my fave collection! I bought the whole pack, heehee! Love your kit, it really looks a lot like the original!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice kit that you put together! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!